Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Triquetra Meditation

  I was meditating before bed last night.  I found myself in my astral nemeton and briefly met with my lynx spirit guide.  He chided me for not visiting often.  I next started to focus on a symbol - the triquetra.

It's the symbol tattooed onto my back and is very significant to me.  I don't think I've ever been able to focus so intently on a symbol before.  If a nagging thought threatened to derail me, I easily waved it away.  Suddenly a great blue heron flashed in my mind, flying across the triquetra.  This made me recall the once hopeful Misty Marsh Protogrove I and a few others were attempting to start in Utica.  We felt that the Utica Marsh was such an important part of our eco system and we were attempting to use the great blue heron in a logo.  My husband actually designed a prototype of a heron standing in front of a triquetra.  The group thought it was too Celtic (which I hadn't considered at the time) and so we decided not to use it.  In the end, the group wasn't meant to be and now I'm up in the North Country while one of the other possible grove members is in Albany.  C'est la vie, right?  Anyway, I felt it was strange that I saw the heron but it evoked memories of home.

No comments:

Post a Comment