Monday, December 28, 2009

Sigh of Relief

After the holidays are over, I can't help but sigh with relief. It's a busy time, especially when you're a Pagan from a Christian family! My parents, sister, and future brother-in-law were nice enough to come up and celebrate the Winter Solstice with the hubby and I. This past weekend being Christmas, we went down to celebrate with them. It's a two hour drive and it can be kind of annoying, especially when you have to go through the Snow Belt and there's freezing rain... But it's worth it. I love seeing my family even when the occasion isn't one I care about in a religious sense. My husband, an agnostic, remarked that he enjoyed having two celebrations. Not because of gifts, though. We've never lived this far from our family and friends. We miss them and love seeing them.

Truly, whatever your religion is, just being with family is the most important thing in the chill of the winter.

I hope you had a peaceful, loving holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment