Sunday, March 7, 2010

Bits and Bobs

A few days ago I did a ritual to transfer the energies from my original oath ring to another.  You see, the first one broke.  :(  I stumbled across an old ring a few weeks after and it struck me as 100% appropriate for my oath ring.  It has swirls, the archaic symbol I am so drawn to.  It came from my mother who wore it herself as a young girl, so it has a "family treasure" aura about it.  I went about the ritual as a way to reaffirm my oath.  It was a very positive experience.

I used the Druid oracle cards for my omen and drew the deer, cow, and swan from the Nature Spirits, Ancestors, and Gods respectively.  I feel that my Nature Kin, especially the unseen variety, are inviting me further into the hidden places of the forests within and without.  I feel that the Ancestors are calling me to their hearthways.  They also offer comfort and maternal understanding.  The Gods, I feel, are telling me of a transformation I must go through to progress through my Druidic studies.

How are my Druidic studies going?  Well I'm currently being discussed by the Clergy Council.  If I really think about it, the process puts knots in my stomach.  What are they saying about me?  Am I up to snuff or do I have to fix items in my DP?  Do they think I have what it takes?

My progress through the Artisan Guild study program is slow.  I'm waiting for my sister to bring some of her old art history books to me to take a look at before I decided if I should just buy one.  I'm studying the lore and folk practices connected to Brighid which is incredibly fascinating.  There are so many things I didn't know or hadn't thought about before.  A lot of it is clicking.

No comments:

Post a Comment