Sunday, July 18, 2010

As some of you know, I have two Facebook accounts.  Let me just say that the reasons are related to religion and privacy*.  One is dedicated to my Pagan focus and Pagan-accepting friends, and the other is for everyone else!  I received a friend request on my "real" account this evening from someone I went to high school with.  The name was familiar but she was not someone I associated much with and so her face had faded from my immediate recollection.  I looked at her photos and recognized the face but it was different looking - thinner and coifed by a bandanna or scarf.  All her photos were.  I looked at her info - links, wall posts - and confirmed that someone I graduated with has cancer.  I don't know where she is in her treatments at the moment...  but she is the first I know of from my graduating class.  It's sobering to say the least.  Things like this truly put life into sharp perspective.


* I should blog about this sometime...

( For My LJ Friends: http://adfcatprints.blogspot.com/ )

1 comment:

  1. :(

    I think I know who you're talking about because I saw a classmate's name on a bag at Relay for Life and was able to ask a mutual friend about her. She was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma which is a cancer that tends to hit younger people. I know a teenager who had it, too, and is in remission. Fortunately it seems like one of the more treatable forms and has a high survival rate.. But realizing someone from our high school days was diagnosed is really sad and startling to say the least.

    ReplyDelete