Sunday, July 11, 2010

Spending Time Outside

I had to put my deep meditation/trance and magic exercises off for the weekend.  Hubby and I went to visit family and it's next to impossible to do anything like that there.  I'm able to do a simplified devotional with a really quick (if shallow) Two Powers meditation.  It's hard to get alone time when seeing family.  Even if I wandered up into the woods with the intent to do a ritual or meditation, someone would forget or decide that I must be done and start calling after me.  By the time the whole house/apartment is quiet, and by the time my husband has settled in, I'm exhausted.  Any attempt to meditate puts me to sleep.  I read a suggestion from someone that, when meditating while exhausted, one should focus on the color red to stay alert.  I'll have to try that sometime.

I tried to make up for it by spending a lot of time outdoors.  I took walks in the forested backyard.  I spent a lot of time exploring and studying little things.  I saw and watched birds with Weretoad for awhile.  I found feathers and attempted to identify them.  I tried to name all the trees in an area.

We also spent time in my parents' pool which was a wonderful medicine for the heat.  In addition to all that, we went to Old Forge, NY to kayak in the Old Forge pond.  I haven't gone kayaking in a couple years and have been wanting to.  Weretoad and I are hoping to buy kayaks sometime in the near future.  We so enjoy it.  Anyway, while we were kayaking on Friday we saw two loons!  It was fantastic.  Getting more in touch with the Otherworld is definitely a goal of mine, but I can't let that distract me from getting in better touch with the very visible, very tangible natural world.  I want to live in and experience both.

( For My LJ Friends: http://adfcatprints.blogspot.com/ )

No comments:

Post a Comment