Friday, February 5, 2010

TGIF and Doxtater's Farmers Market

I don't know if it's the moon, the season, my hormones, or my lifestyle (it's probably a combination!), but I have been one tired Pagan as of late. It seems that I want nothing more than to sit on my bum and vegetate after work. I'm sorry to say that our home is not as tidy as it could be. If someone came to visit, I would feel terribly torn between my desire to be hospitable and my embarrassment. One of our cats made it worse when she stole an unfinished doll leg from my studio. There are tiny clumps of stuffing here and there.

I've tried to do things on my to-do list. My sewing has fallen behind which is unfortunate. However I've been kind of productive on the Druid front. I wrote an article for Oak Leaves that I have to send in. I've also been editing another person's article. I recorded a couple submissions for Tribeways. I need to give those another listen and send them in. I also need to finish my mentoring questionnaire... I should do that next...



In other news, my husband and I found a wonderful little shop in the town of Pamelia, NY (near Evans Mills if you know where that is...). It's called Doxtater's Farmers Market and it's wonderful. We found organic, cruelty free eggs there as well as local fruits and veggies (in season!), local peanut and almond butter, maple syrup, jam, soaps, lotion, and breads. There's a gorgeous brick oven that the baker uses right in the shop. He also makes delicious pizza. Oh, and for any of you meat eaters looking to support local, organic farmers rather than the nasty factory farms, Doxtater's also sells local, organic, pasture-fed beef, chicken, and sheep. I'm very excited about the shop and its proximity to my home.

I've also located a local farmer who sells milk (unpasteurized) but I need to find a good container. I saw some large glass jars at the local Mennonite shop. One of those would probably do the trick.

Happy a happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment