Friday, April 2, 2010

New Book!




One of the other books I ordered for Magic 1 came!  It's called The Magic Arts in Celtic Britain by Lewis Spence.  I'm excited to have another book on Celtic magic to read because the first book, Irish Celtic Magical Tradition, while very good, also has meditative practices in it that the author encourages the reader to do several times before moving on.  I've been doing the first one but have only had a significant amount of success once.  The other times I've either fallen asleep or made it to the outside of a city but couldn't get in.  The one time I made it into the city, I spoke with one of the teachers of the Tuatha de Danann and this really helped solidify my current understanding of the Gods.

I've yet to start The Magic Arts in Celtic Britain but it's supposed to more broad, whereas the other book focuses on the first and second battles of Moytura.  

On the creative front I did a bit of sewing today.  I started to take in a button down shirt that my husband received as a gift.  It's a couple sizes too large for him and I've been meaning to experiment with it.  I also took a couple of his old button downs that are now too small and started a skirt inspired by a Thread Banger tutorial.  I just have to hem it and I'll have a fun skirt to wear in the warm weather we've been experiencing!

I haven't been drawing much recently.  It's not that I don't want to, it's just that I keep forgetting!  I'm suddenly pulled back into my sewing so other creative pursuits are on the back burner.  I've been thinking about what I could do for my still life and I think I may draw my traveling altar with all the items spread around it.  That could be neat.

No comments:

Post a Comment