Thursday, April 1, 2010

What a gorgeous day outside!  I spent a lot of time in the sun, walking around the village and helping to clean a park.  I'm not sure what I did to myself, but my ankle hurts.  Perhaps a full reiki treatment is in order?

Last night I heard tree frogs for the first time.  That's always a big deal to me.  It's one of my favorite sounds, probably because I grew up falling asleep to them outside my bedroom window.  It's so comforting.  Living in Whitesboro, NY (the more developed areas) most of last year, I didn't often hear them so I'm glad to find them around my new home.  Added to their chorus are the sounds of bigger frogs from the ponds surrounding the southern edge of the development.

I did some sewing last night.  The Sif doll I've been working on is nearly done*.  Her hangerock is done.  It's fancier fabric than any Norsewoman probably ever used but she is a Goddess.  I need to find some oval brooches** for it.  I was going to try making some with polymer clay but I want to see if I can find any suitable buttons first.  I also made her a belt and have to find some appropriate things to hang from it.  Finally I'll attach the hair.  I have long, saffron colored wool for that.  I'm not sure if I want to leave it as is or braid it.


* Her outfit is not modeled after the illustration on the Wikipedia page.

** A friend told me they're called turtles.  This was really confusing to me at first.  I thought "Wait... is there a story about Sif and some turtles?  That's one I've not heard..."

No comments:

Post a Comment