Saturday, January 23, 2010

First Contact

When I moved to the North Country I started to poke around Witcvox's directory to see who was around here. I do so every few weeks out of boredom and, sometimes, loneliness. I soon became aware of a shop called Moontide in Watertown. My work schedule and unfamiliarity with the area made it difficult for me to find. A few days ago, my husband and I explored an indoor shopping area and, lo and behold, there was Moontide.

The owner, who struck me as an intensely new agey but kind-hearted individual, dedicates half of her store to crystals, incense, and various New Age and Pagan knick knacks. The other half is full of romantic, vampiric clothing. I must admit, I want to go back and try some things on. I like ruffled blouses and long flowing skirts.

I bought a few small boxes of incense to replenish my supply, including dragon blood, a favorite of mine. I also engaged in small talk about the community and how we were new to it. She seemed glad that I didn't complain about the snow.

I asked her about CUUPs and, while she hasn't been in awhile, she recommends that I check it out. I got the impression that it is full of Wiccans which really isn't a surprise. Either that or she isn't aware that not all Pagans are Wiccan.

Anyway, that was my first venture into the local Pagan culture. There is a CUUPs meeting on Tuesday but I'm feeling under the weather today. I may not feel up to going. You may think that's just another excuse for me to avoid socializing, but really, I do feel quite ill. Although... I must admit I'm wondering if I really should go. The very active ADF chats have been keeping me quite happy recently...

No comments:

Post a Comment