Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Prepping for Imbolc

Imbolc is on its way and I need to get ready! When I first came to Paganism five or six years ago, I was involved in Wicca and Imbolc wasn't very special to me. I remember knowing that it had something to do with a Goddess named "Bride" or "Brighid" (one of those strange Celtic Gods!) but I hadn't formed any relationship with her, much less read about her outside a Wicca 101 book. It wasn't until I started to study Druidism and Irish lore that Brighid made herself known to me. She is my patron Goddess, protector of my home, muse, and source of warmth. Now Imbolc, her holy day, is very important to me.

I'm currently working on an offering for her. It's an attempt at quilting and/or appliqué - I'm not quite sure which yet. I will post a photo when I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment