Friday, January 1, 2010

Full Moon Meditation

I'm an ADF Druid. I tried OBOD but it just wasn't the best fit for me. That said, OBOD has a great many things I find of value. One gem I found while researching what I could possibly do to commemorate the moon was meditate on world peace. A lot of people seem to practice healing magic during the full moon (because it's at its climax and will decrease). Focusing on world peace is a lot like healing.

Now, I'm not so naive as to think that there can ever be total world peace. I've read enough history and know my own nature. But I think you can agree that it would be nice, or that, at least, there are some places that could be more peaceful. I started to focus on that and quickly began to think about how peace should begin at home. I need to work on being my own internal peacekeeper. I'm a passionate person and this sometimes translates to anger and hostility. I need to work on stepping back and taking a breath.

I also thought a lot about what the moon means to me in terms of Druidism. Is it just a symbol? Should I think of it as an eye watching over me, like the sun? Is Airinhod (sp?) really a lunar type deity? I've done little work with Welsh Gods. I should do more research...

No comments:

Post a Comment