Sunday, January 3, 2010

Sylvia Lake



My husband and I explored Sylvia Lake. It's off RT 8-12, near Gouverneur, NY. The lake was frozen and lovely. I attempted to write a short poem about it as a visualization practice but it's goofy and not something I want to share. Still, I think it helped me crystalize the imagery in my head. I recommend the practice to anyone who wants to remember a time or a place.

Anyway, we took some photos. The public swimming and picnic area was closed off but we were able to get a few shots of the lake. My husband, a former photography major, wasn't very pleased with them, though.

There was also a lovely, massive boulder covered in graffiti. I liked it for some reason... I've always liked things that made me feel small. It's comforting.

It was a fun area to explore and it felt nice to be outside with the Nature Spirits. I look forward to the summer when we can go swimming and get some nicer photos of the lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment