Saturday, January 30, 2010

Full Moon

Heehee. I'm amused by the number of people who have told me about the bright full moon tonight. I'm worried people think I don't read the news or look out my window! That said, I had been thinking the full moon would be on the night of Jan 30th, not the eve of the date. In other words, perhaps my calendar is more Celtic than I gave it credit for. ;) When I started to read about how bright the full moon would be on the 29th I became very perplexed indeed about the seeming discrepancy in calendars...

Anyway, it's a big shiny full moon and I have felt... relaxed, I guess. I still took care of some creative pursuits, but it was more or less a day of rest. We can think of the moon as at its climax. Tomorrow it will begin to wane until the dark moon - a time of shrinking, lessening, resting, healing, and, ultimately, renewal.

My greatest spiritual/creative accomplishment today was making a Brighid's cross (with my husband's help). I don't have any green rushes around. It was quite a bitter day up here in the North Country after all. There is a small creek near us at the edge of a forest. Separating the tame from the wild is a wall of (currently brown and dead) tall grasses. When I returned from work this afternoon, I harvested several and soon realized that they were too fragile to bend in their moribund state. My husband helped me steam the centers. It worked like a charm! The plants were probably not the best for this sort of project, but this is the first time I've made one and, I must say, I'm very proud. I'm going to leave it in the window tonight to soak up the moonbeams. Then it will make its home over my door as a protective charm.

No comments:

Post a Comment