Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Sewing Projects

I recently posted about a doll I've been working on. I've decided that she is Sif of the golden hair - the wife of Thor from Norse mythology. While researching the linen dresses and apron skirts worn by Viking women, I started to wonder about the clothing of my own hearth culture. What did the ancient Celts wear?

One of my artistic goals for the year is to make myself an outfit to wear to rituals and festivals. I started to look through SCA resources and found some good sites with a lot of helpful information. I ordered some cream colored linen and some green flannel wool to make a léine and a brat respectively. I'm really excited about this project! It also gives me a good excuse to study embroidery to decorate the léine.


Eee! I can't wait until my fabric arrives!

No comments:

Post a Comment