Thursday, June 17, 2010

Favorite Legendary Creature



A few days ago I posted asking about your favorite supernatural creatures.  Lhinelle responded with the Peryton - something I never knew about (although I'm reminded of something from World of Warcraft...)!  It is a stag-bird hybrid with a penchant for human flesh.

When I made the post, I never answered myself.  My favorite legendary/supernatural/mythical creature is the griffin, although the hippogriff comes in an extremely close second.   Something about the way they look...  I've always wanted to make a plush griffin.  I saw a website that belonged to a doll artist who did just that and they were so amazing...

I also have a fondness for the ever popular, horribly cliched dragon.  I know so many Pagans obsessed with them.  I wouldn't say I'm obsessed...  I just find their lore and look attractive.  I have a few dragon statues around the house and garden.  I think of them more as gargoyles than the menaces that they were to many Indo-European cultures.

1 comment:

  1. nothing wrong with liking dragons--they're just that awesome.

    And thanks for putting me in your post! :)

    ReplyDelete