Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A Lazy Day




I'm finally on vacation, and will be until August, so I suddenly have a lot of time on my hands.  I've been sewing a lot, for one.  I made a cat plushie, altered several dresses, and have been diligently working on a fairy doll*.  I've been working on another pair of socks here and there.  I've also been attempting to tidy my apartment and maintain my garden.

ADF-wise, I'm nearly done reviewing my first DP and have been reading, reading, reading for my own study programs.   I also started a Google group for the vegetarians and vegans in ADF called ADF Veggies**.

I have been very productive!

Today, however, I feel lazy.  I worked a little on my doll (sketched an outfit concept, painted some beads...), but otherwise?  Maybe I feel a little lost without my job this month.  I do everything I normally pack into the evening in the morning now and am left...  with a lot of time!

I started to watch "Buffy the Vampire Slayer."  A few episodes aside, I've never really seen much!  A friend once tried to get me into it.  She showed me a few episodes but never from the beginning.  It always seemed really hokey to me.  Indeed, it is, but by starting from the beginning the corniness has grown on me.  I find the characters amusingly delightful.  The occult references are often hilarious, but for every Hollywood cliche or seemingly offensive cultural appropriation, there's always a surprising "Wow, they actually know that!" moment.  I've been urged by several friends to keep going as it "only gets better."




*Photos coming soon!


** Are you a vegan or a vegetarian?  Join join join!


( For My LJ Friends: http://adfcatprints.blogspot.com/ )

No comments:

Post a Comment