Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Wellspring 2010 - A Reflection


Like many, I don't really know how to describe my time at Wellspring.  The word that keeps popping up in my head is transformative.  I had a wonderful time and learned a lot about myself.  I feel closer to my grove, the ADF community, and the friends I've made there.

It was great to finally meet so many people who I've only known online.  I spent some time with the Daws and Lesley who I know through Facebook and the ADF chats.  I also met my lj friends athenamsb and Thread_of_Song.  It was amazing to spend time with them.   I briefly spoke with Michael Dangler, Seamus, and Jamie.  I also saw Robb for the first time in a year or so!   I wish we could have talked more but such is the nature of a festival I guess!

Weretoad and I spent a lot of time with our friend Parallax who moved out to Albany earlier this year.  We've not been able to see her as often as we'd like to, so having her at Wellspring was great!  Her husband wasn't able to come but we're already plotting plans for next year!

I feel that Wellspring was transformative for me because not only did it increase my bonds with ADF as a whole, but it helped me to better understand my own insecurities and then deal with them/move past them.  I thought that being in a clothing optional campground would be hugely stressful.  In the end, it became very normal and even relaxing!  I felt more at ease and secure in my own beauty and worth than I ever have.  Like Michele said to me in the hot tub, eventually a switch goes off and you realize that there's a definite difference between nudity and sexuality.  This was also my first time camping so I learned a lot and know better what I do and don't need next year.

The rituals I attended were wonderful.  Kirk's installation as Arch Druid was moving and powerful.  I've never seen so many Druids in one place!  The symbel on Sunday was a lot of fun and different from any ritual I've ever been to.  My husband's favorite was the closing ritual on Monday.  He liked that it was more relaxed and that he could sit (he liked that about the symbel as well).

Goodness...  What else happened?

- I attended several helpful workshops including the Daws' lecture on Stoicism and Kirk's basic ritual skills.  I got a lot out of them!


- Several of my dolls were for sale in the ADF Store.  I even sold six of them!  I hope that everyone enjoys them!


- I entered the doll at right, Manannan mac Lir, into the Artisan Competition and won first place in the Sacred Art category!  Woo!

- Weretoad and I fell in love with sarongs.  I think they're now our favorite form of clothing.

- I bought several sarongs, a dragon statue for my garden, and the book Real Magic by Isaac Bonewits.

- I enjoyed the annual meeting.  I especially liked Kirk's idea to honor some of the most helpful people with certificates and rewards at the end.  It's good to acknowledge the many dedicated volunteers!

- I did a LOT of dancing and it felt wonderful!  My grovies want me to do a workshop on dance sometime.

- Candee and I spoke a bit about reiki and she did some on my face because I was feeling so sick on Sunday.  It really helped and I am so grateful to her!


All in all, I had such a spectacular time and am so amazed with the hospitality of everyone from Stone Creed Grove to the solitaries!  I am honored to be a part of ADF and I cannot wait until next year!  Congratulations to everyones accomplishments!  Hail to the folk and our Kindreds!








[ For my LJ friends, please visit me at: http://adfcatprints.blogspot.com/ ]

No comments:

Post a Comment