Sunday, June 20, 2010

Some Developments

1) As stated earlier, I'm an official member of Muin Mound Grove.  That means I can plan rituals and run for office.  So, I am running for grove secretary - unopposed.  LOL  Our current secretary is going to be the new Senior Druid since the old one is MIA.  Some of you who know me may remember that I was MVPN's secretary.  I had a laptop at the time but have since converted back to a desktop.  I will have to take notes the old fashioned way.

2) I volunteered to make the main offering for Lughnasadh - a doll of Tailtiu.  I'm really excited!  Part of my oath to Muin Mound Grove at my welcoming ceremony was that I would bring my art to help the grove.  I already have ideas!  It's so exciting.  She will be minimally armatured.  I will probably use a stick or dowel for her spine so that she sits up, but otherwise...  Everything has to be flammable and safe for the fire.  The front hem of her skirt will be stitched to her hands so that everyone can place small harvest items in it.

3) I'm officially a Dedicant Program reviewer!  I have my first DP to look at and am impressed thus far!  The individual is an excellent writer.  I've only read one essay but it's left a very good taste in my mouth.

4) Slowly but surely, I'm delving into Janson's History of Art: The Western Tradition.   I'm very much engaged with it, in part  because I've always been motivated to take a history of art class but never had the time or maneuverability in my college scheduling.  I finished the first chapter which was a brief explanation about why art is important and how one should take a varied approach when judging its worth.  I'm getting into the second which is all about prehistoric art.  In the meantime, I'm waiting for judgement on my muse essay...

So, yes.  I'm getting more and more involved with ADF.  I love it and it makes me happy.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Well then, sounds like you've picked the right religion! :D

    If you don't love it and it doesn't make you happy, why have anything to do with it? that's one big reason I didn't like Christianity, aside from all the reasons it doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

    Keep up the good progress!

    ReplyDelete